Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Smoked BBQ pulled pork




On my third try attempt this year I think I have it down as I cooked this up for my 2 year old sons birthday party and it was gone in no time flat.  About 8 lbs.  Here is how I make my own version of  smoked bbq pulled pork.  The first step in the brine/marinade.  The night before I took out my two 4 pound pork roasts and put them in water with a few tablespoons each of paprika, chili powder, season salt and 8 cloves of fresh garlic.
Marinade/Brine

After an overnight of marinading it is now time to put your dry rub on the roast.  You can use a store bought rub or else I like to make an equal part mix of brown sugar, season salt, paprika, chili powder, garlic pepper, and a dash of cayenne pepper.  Evenly rub this all around your roast.
Sliced and Rubbed
Now its time for the smoker.  Set your roast in the smoker for a good 4 to 6 hours at about 250 degrees.  I like to use a charcoal smoker for the extra flavor compared to a gas or electric one.
Smoking Stage

After you give it a good smoke it is now time for the slow cooker.


Put your roast in the slow cooker on low with 2 cups of apple juice in the bottom.  Cook it for 6-8 hours on low til the meat falls apart.  Shred it and serve on buns or bread.
Slow Cooker Stage

No comments:

Post a Comment